Good News Garage is a innovative car charity that has captured national media attention because of its success. The "snowball effect" of publicity began with a piece on Vermont Public Radio in March 1998, which was picked up by National Public Radio's "All Things Considered" in April. The following are just a few of the outlets that have featured GNG.
- The Oprah Winfrey Show, May, 2009
- Today Show, April 2008
- People Magazine, February 2008
- Boston Globe, December 2006
- USA Today, December 2006
- Yankee Magazine, December 2000
- Family Circle Magazine, June 22, 1999
- Smithsonian Magazine, February 1999
- The New England Nonprofit Quarterly, Summer 1998
- The Boston Globe, December 1998
Good News Garage is featured on the Car Talk website, which includes an interview with Jon and Hal.
Good News Garage received special recognition from
The Peter F. Drucker Foundation for Nonprofit Management in 1998.
GNG was cited by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in its Best Practice report for 1998 and 1999. In July 2000 GNG was honored as one of HUD's Best of the Best non-profit agencies in the U.S.